The power of the voice over written communication, and the benefits of the audio book.
The top 5 benefits of audio books:
- If you are an Auditory type. If you are the kind of person who isn’t into reading, but prefers to listen, then perhaps you are auditory, and would gain more benefit by listening to an audio book.
- Enhances your car journey. Audio book CD ‘s can enhance you and your family’s journey time whilst driving in the car, either to relieve boredom, or to take your mind off stressful situations such as being stuck on a motorway somewhere! You can also listen with your iPod as you go jogging as part of your New Year’s resolution and kill two birds with one stone!
- Saves time on personal development activities. Most of us never have enough time to do all the things we want to do. Audio book CDs or .mp3’s are a brilliant time-saving method of listening and learning to personal development audios whilst you’re doing something at home, or whilst driving – providing that you’re not spending too much time fiddling with the knobs on your player and causing a prang in front and behind you!
- Ability to make characters come to life. Whilst reading your imagination can be great, but if you have a novel or story book audio CD , actually hearing the voices of the different characters and sound effects can make the story come alive even more.
- Beneficial impact of tone of voice on learning and communication as opposed to reading words. It is generally known that impact of communication is greater from the sound and tone of the spoken voice – 38% , compared to only 7% by the words used.
Here are some examples of what is possible in an audio book, taken from my latest showreel:
If this has given you a warm, fuzzy feeling and you would like to explore more audio books, then you might find some useful items in my shop .
If you’d like to hear more articles like this, and up to date news of my work, then please join my mailing list!