Voiceovers for E-Learning
The Elearning voice over sample below contains a mixture of work used general training modules, gamification, and character work for various Elearning scenarios, some of which is used for teaching English as a second language Using my own studio I can provide both narration and editing services. Alternatively, I can travel to a studio of your choice :
Here’s a longer extract, taken from an E-Learning Explainer video:
Recent recommendation, following a high volume e-learning project:
Lindsay is an extremely professional and accomplished voiceover artist. I first met Lindsay when she was researching the use of audio in eLearning and have since used her services to capture a comprehensive set of audio narration files for an online training project. As part of the project Lindsay used character ‘voices’ and also coordinated the use of a second (male) voiceover artist to reduce the stress for me. All deadlines were met and the (few, very small) issues were corrected almost instantly! I would have no hesitation in using Lindsay again and/or recommending her to others.
Louise Jakobsen, AdvanceTM
I’m also often asked to use character voices on E-Learning projects. To listen to some of my character-based work, visit my character, cartoon & animation page here.
My Elearning Services have been used by:
- The National Grid
- Cambridge University Press
- Pearson Publishing
- Oxford University Press
- Manchester Royal Children’s Hospital
…and many more…
E-learning voice over projects undertaken have been extremely varied:
- Narration for standard training courses
- Game-based e-learning
- Explainer tutorials/product demonstrations
- Medical narration
- TEFL – English as a foreign language
- Character work
- Both adult and young learner material
With English as a second language products, I’m used to adjusting the pace and clarity of read. The work I do also includes vocabulary, phonetics, and numerical reads.
I offer a surprisingly flexible range of rate options, based on your needs. When quoting for projects, I factor in the following things, which can be negotiated to find something that works for you, the client:
- Word count. If it’s a high volume project, then usually a volume discount can be negotiated.
- Usage. How the finished product will be used; whether it will be sold commercially/online, or for custom built in-house use only. The latter incurs no additional usage fees.
- Payment terms. I can usually offer more favourable rates on pre-payment terms than credit terms, which could potentially make your project even more cost-effective, if this is a factor for you.
- Level of Editing required. Whether you require basic top and tail editing, or a full de-breath; the latter obviously takes longer and represents more of a premium service than top and tailing, to suit your needs. If you require a large number of separate files there would be an additional fee for this. However, if you don’t need this, or you prefer to chop up the files yourself, then this reduces your costs.
- Special services such as character and/or accent work, or highly technical or medical reads with lots of complex terminology, then these require additional skills which can be factored in.
- Lead Time. The longer the lead time in relation to volume of word count, a more favourable the rate can often be negotiated. As a full time Voiceover, I can usually offer quick turnaround rates too.
- Need more than one Narrator on the same project? No problem. I work with some of the best in the business and can provide others for you. I can also source, sub-contract and project manage their output and delivery to you. Great for busy E-Learning providers and Instructional Designers with tight deadlines!
…..recordings of a consistently high standard in an impressive range of accents and intonation. We are delighted with the result.
Laura Pearson, Pearson Publishing Group